another year down

Well I am one more year closer... one more to go to the big FIVE-OH (After I turn 50 next year then the world will end, lol Bring it on!!) ... I still find it hard to see myself at this age... Mom always accused me of having a 'Peter Pan complex'. Well I don't know about that, I mean, I am older and its not like I refuse to grow up, its just that my self image I still see myself as young and youthful... in spite of the white beard.

I reconnected with a teacher I had in high school recently, Donna Ashworth. I remember her as a strong larger than life woman packed in a small package. I always admired her 'beatnik' way. Its funny because when we traded emails catching up I got the feeling that what I remember wasn't quite the way it was LOL. Donna told me that her class I took wasn't about creative writing but was just an exercise in creating and publishing a book/magazine of which I still have some of the original art and at least one copy. Well whatever it was, I loved it and left with some great memories.

I have been vacillating over a new car... I haven't had a car in over 2 years and now this little Fiat 500 Sport has really captured my attention. I could handle it MAYBE... but its a want... then on the other hand I'm tired of the lack of freedom. When the guys-n-gals want to go cycling its very hard for me to get out to meet up most of the time. Its been kinda lonely being out on the east side away from the center of the world. I have some freedom though, I do have 2 bicycles and the DART does run on evenings and weekends but at limited schedules... its always an exercise in planning to do anything other than go to work. I don't know... we will see if this cute little Fiat is in my future or not.

my facebook budz have been hitting me all day with birthday wishes... feels nice. Thanks everyone.

Comments